10 Purple Lipsticks for Fall
Purple is the new red. It’s the biggest makeup trend this season… and it’s not just for the adventurous! There are some gorgeous, ultra-wearable purples out there as well for ladies who are a little more on the conservative side when it comes to their lip shades.
Here’s a list (arranged according to price) of some purple lipsticks you should try this fall:
1. NYX Extra Creamy Round Lipstick in Castle ($4.00)
Castle is a “shimmery soft plum” that looks more like a grayish lavender. It’s a pretty unique shade, and quite wearable!
2. NYX Soft Matte Lip Cream in Transylvania ($6.00)
Described as a “matte deep violet,” Transylvania is, as its name suggests, straight-up vampy. Very dark and dramatic.
3. Sephora Rouge Shine Lipstick in Heartbreaker ($12.50)
This “sheer royal purple” shade is definitely on the lighter side due to its glossy, almost lip balm-like formula–a good choice for purple newbies!
4. MAC Lipstick in Smoked Purple ($16.00)
Smoked Purple is a matte lipstick in a “deep eggplant purple” shade–sultry, vampy, and basically everything a fall lip color should be.
5. MAC Lipstick in Violetta ($16.00)
If you’re not into that goth look but still want to try a purple lipstick, MAC’s Violetta, described as a “bright clean violet purple,” is a good one to start with.
6. MAC Lipstick in Heroine ($16.00)
Another matte, Heroine is a “bright purple” that’s just a smidge darker than Violetta. This is a very popular purple, which is why MAC finally decided to make it a permanent shade last year.
7. Lime Crime Unicorn Lipstick in Poisonberry ($18.00)
Though described as a “vibrant berry,” this shade looks more like a glossy, almost metallic eggplant. Very vampy as well!
8. Obsessive Compulsive Cosmetics Lip Tar in Hoochie ($18.00)
Hoochie is an “extreme magenta” (that looks very purple) liquid lipstick that dries matte. It’s quite wearable, if a little eye-catching.
9. Kat Von D Everlasting Love Liquid Lipstick in L.U.V. ($19.00)
This “rich violet” lipstick is very matte, with the same texture and consistency as NYX’s Soft Matte Lip Creams. It’s a very vibrant purple.
10. Too Faced Melted Liquified Long Wear Lipstick in Melted Violet ($21.00)
Melted Violet is a very glossy, hydrating liquid lipstick that’s bright enough to be a summer shade as well.