10 Beauty Hacks You Need to Add to Your Daily Makeup Routine
Make your life much easier with these awesome beauty hacks that are sure to save you time and effort in your daily makeup routine.
1. Mix some concealer with your face moisturizer to make your own DIY foundation. This hack allows you to customize to get just the right amount of coverage you need–because there are times when you just want something light and sheer, and there are times (usually right after a nasty breakout) when you need a lot of coverage.
2. Use a white eyeliner (like NYX’s Jumbo Eye Pencil in Milk) all over your lid before applying eyeshadow. This will make the color of your shadow more intense and vibrant.
3. Brush some powder on your lashes in between mascara applications. Sometimes, wearing falsies is just too time-consuming. Save yourself the hassle and give your lashes a little extra volume and length by trying this super easy trick–just apply a bit of loose face powder or baby powder on your lashes immediately after applying the first coat, then follow up with the second coat. Keep repeating until you get the results you want.
4. Line the outside of your lips with concealer when using bold lip colors. This will correct any mistakes you made while applying your lipstick and help keep it from bleeding outside your lip line.
5. Use a spoon to create the perfect winged eyeliner. If you are like most of the female population, you probably have trouble winging out your eyeliner for that sexy cat eye look. But don’t fret–spoons are here to save the day.
6. Apply gel liner to the rubber part of your eyelash curler for easy tightlining. This can shave a few seconds of your daily beauty routine, as you get to tightline while curling your lashes!
7. Place a business card against your cheek (and just under your cheekbone) before applying contour powder. This will give you precise, perfectly sculpted cheekbones, a la Kim Kardashian!
8. Use that same business card and place it between your skin and your lashes while applying mascara. It’ll keep you from accidentally getting some unsightly streaks of mascara on your lids.
9. Apply some contour powder under your lips and some highlighter on your bottom lip. We can’t all have full, luscious lips like Angelina Jolie’s, but with the help of a little makeup… why not?
10. Blend out harsh eyeshadow lines with a clean, fluffy brush. Some girls tend to use the same brush they used to apply eyeshadow to blend everything out–not a good idea, because it’ll make the colors all muddy. A clean brush is the best way to go to perfectly blend your shadows together.
The same principle goes when blending your cheek makeup–smooth out the harsh lines between your blush, contour powder, and highlight powder with a CLEAN brush.
And there you have it!
What are your favorite beauty hacks?