How To Get Sexy Beachy Waves: 10 Easy Steps
This season, every girl wants to get that carefree, summer goddess look by sporting sexy “beachy” waves. But the thing is, while this hairstyle may look effortless, it actually does take a bit of effort to recreate–especially if you have stick-straight hair, like me.
Luckily, it’s not that hard. Follow these 10 easy steps and you’ll be the envy of all your boring-haired friends!
1. After getting out of the shower, dry your hair with a simple old T-shirt instead of a towel. This will help prevent frizz.
2. Next, grab a hairdryer and start drying your hair while scrunching it up with your hands, or twisting it in sections away from your face. Do this while you are bent over (your head should be upside down, with your hair hanging in front of you) to add more volume at the roots.
3. Once your hair is completely dry, straighten back up. But resist–and I repeat, RESIST–the urge to flip your hair back. Instead, slowly tilt your head to the side and roll it back up that way.
4. Spritz sea salt spray all over your locks.
5. Then, divide your hair into two sections and do two braids. Leave about two inches unbraided at the bottom.
6. Take a flat iron and lightly press on your braids–start from the top and work your way down to the ends.
7. Slowly unravel the braids and scrunch up the resulting waves to make them more defined.
8. If you’re still not happy with your waves, take a 1-inch curling iron and loosely wrap sections of hair around the wand–some away from your face, and some toward your face. It’s important to do it alternately to keep the look as “messy” as possible.
9. Scrunch, scrunch, scrunch.
10. Tease the roots of your hair (optional) and lightly spritz hairspray all over.
And you’re done!
Pictures by: ImageCollect / LUSH / SEPHORA